Global Board Leadership Masterclass
2023: June – September
The purpose of the Global Board Leadership Masterclass is to further the professionalization of board work in Denmark. The program has been developed in collaboration with key figures from the board environment at the top of the Danish business community and partners in Kromann Reumert and EY. The course is built around experience-based cases with a focus on management, strategy, and value creation in the board work.
Exchange of experience and dialogue on “What do Boards do, what should Boards be doing” based on a large number of cases facilitated by faculty of experienced board chairmen, professors and top advisers in the Danish business community.
Strengthening of competencies and a general professionalization of board work.
- Evaluating CEO & Board and Strategy: Risk Governance
- Stewardship, Family Business, and Liability issues
- Strategy & Sustainability, Financial management, and Cybersecurity
- Board and Strategy: M&A, Board Evaluation, Digitalization, and Sustainability
- Board & CEO succession and Board Leadership & Evaluation
Profile of Participants
The Global Board Leadership Masterclass is tailored experienced board members with limited time.
Faculty and Approch
Led by a faculty team of experienced professors, board chairmen and advisors, participants will work with relevant cases during the five days focusing on the most important issues and challenging dilemmas faced by board of directors. Each case discussion is initiated by a short introduction of the topic, followed by breakout group discussions whereby groups act as boards of directors. The boards’ decisions are summarized and challenged by the faculty team during the concluding classroom discussion. The program is in English.
During the Masterclass you will face real-life cases and meet faculty as:
- Bjarne Corydon, Editor in Chief, Børsen
- Christian Pedersen, VP, IT/CIO, Demant
- Erik Lidman, Associate professor, Stockholm University
- Helge Lund, Chair
- Jakob Haldor Topsøe, Chair, Haldor Topsøe Holding A/S
- Jens Steen Jensen, Partner, Kromann Reumert
- Jeppe Christiansen, Chair & CEO, Maj Invest
- Jesper Brandgaard, Chair
- Jim Hageman Snabe, Chair, Siemens
- Julie Galbo, Chair
- Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen, Chair
- Lars Rasmussen, Chair, Coloplast
- Lars Rebien Sørensen, Chair
- Lars-Erik Brenøe, Chair
- Marianne Philip, Partner, Kromann Reumert
- Sten Scheibye, Chair
- Thomas Plenborg, Chair & Professor, CBS
- Thomas Thune Andersen, Chair, Ørsted
- Thomas Woldbye, Group CEO, CPH Airport
Read more about the programme and see the rest of the faculty team by downloading the Programme Description 2023 .